An insight in what it is like to live as a young person with a chronic pain condition that has no cure. Follow my journey with Complex Regional Pain Syndrome by reading the posts below.

About Me

My photo
I suffer from a debilitating chronic pain condition called Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. Facebook: @LivingWithCRPS

Introduction

About

Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)  is a chronic pain condition characterised by pain that is greater and lasts a lot longer than would ...

Sunday 21 February 2016

About


Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) is a chronic pain condition characterised by pain that is greater and lasts a lot longer than would be expected given the original injury. Alongside this the skin in and around the effected area may become  highly sensitised, meaning the slightest touch, can lead to pain. 

In my case CRPS affects my right leg and was caused by a sports injury. If it was not for the determination of the doctor who was dealing with my injury in 2014, I would probably not have a diagnosis. I was lucky, a lot of people go years without diagnosis as the condition is not recognised by many. Early recognition and treatment is crucial for this condition. There are not that many recognised treatments available for CRPS and there is no known cure. Which leads me to my first and main reason for this blog, to raise awareness of the condition. I hope to do this through talking about the ups and downs of living with CRPS, what works and what doesn't. 









No comments:

Post a Comment