An insight in what it is like to live as a young person with a chronic pain condition that has no cure. Follow my journey with Complex Regional Pain Syndrome by reading the posts below.

About Me

My photo
I suffer from a debilitating chronic pain condition called Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. Facebook: @LivingWithCRPS

Introduction

About

Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)  is a chronic pain condition characterised by pain that is greater and lasts a lot longer than would ...

Monday 29 February 2016

Rare Disease Day Awareness

If I say to someone I've got CRPS, I can almost guarantee that the response will be something a long the lines of, what is that?  

Imagine saying that to a doctor and getting the same response and every time having to explain yourself. It gets a bit tiring and can sometimes make you feel quite negative.
Which is why I want to do something positive and try and change that response.

I was lucky and my symptoms were picked up quickly and all other conditions ruled out efficiently. But this isn't the case for many and needs to be changed, so that people can access treatments they need to reduce the pain and possibly prevent long-term or permanent disability.

The medical world may not know the condition in enough detail or have a cure, but that doesn't mean that it shouldn't be a recognised condition.








Please take a look at the poster above, its all there. If someone says they suffer from CRPS just think about those symptoms, they may be smiling and happy at the time but this is what they have to put up with everyday.  Ask them how their week has been, show a bit of interest in their condition.


Just remember it may be invisible, but it doesn't mean its not there.

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant!, Thankyou for all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that I have found someone with the same condition! Everything you have done is amazing, keep it up! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a terrific campaigner. Bringing so much strength and encouragement to others x

    ReplyDelete